I’m happy to finally have time to do this! Thank you to abubhaji for picking me as one of your 11 nominees of the Liebster Award! I truly appreciate it.
There are a few rules about this award, and here they are.
1. Thank the person/people who nominated you by providing a link to their blog in your Liebster Award post.
2. Give 11 random facts about yourself. Have fun with this one! You get to use bragging rights or things you’ve wanted to get off your chest for a long time, so go for it!
3. Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you. Know that you can have fun with this as well!
4. Nominate 11 other blogs that have 200 followers or less. That was the criteria used here.
5. Ask your nominees 11 questions of your own. Time for you to get some satisfaction after you answer your questions.
Random facts about myself
1. I am the queen of everything in this part of town. I’m queen of the city, I’m queen of the towers, and I’m queen of the small little wiggly things.
2. I love potatoes.
3. Wynken, and Blynken, and Nod one night sailed off in a wooden shoe. I know, I was there. I was one of the little stars.
4. Lillian Gish will always be my favorite movie star. She was truly amazing.
5. Blackwater by the Doobie Brothers still gives me chills.
6. I think Janis Joplin’s voice is amazing.
7. One thing I cannot stand is a dishonest person. I immediately lose respect for liars.
8. Ariel is still my number one girl.
9. Remember to look at the clouds sometimes, and the stars and the moon…. they are a reminder that there is still wonder in the world. But don’t look at the sun, it will hurt your eyes. Unless you ‘Look Into the Sun’ like Jethro Tull.
10. I’m sleepy.
11. And Hungry. I think it’s dinner time.
Questions for Me
Who is your favorite poet? Eugene Field, hands down. He knew what it was like to be a child, and how to capture the innocence of youth.
What is your favorite poem? Wynken, Blynken, and Nod, what with their shoe-boat and all. Who wouldn’t love it?
What is your favorite thing to write about?
Right now, I like to write about childhood memories. Growing up, it was fairy stories and stories about princesses that I liked to write about the most.
Who is Charles Bukowski? Never hoid of ‘im!
If you could change one thing about your writing, what would it be?
Nothing, really, because it is just my natural thought process going onto paper!
If you could have any animal as a pet or friend, what would it be?
My childhood pet, the golden retriever Nuno. I’ll never forget you, Sir Nuno Betancourt of Brick.
What mythological creature to do best identify with?
Mermaids all the way!
Do you aspire to be published?
I’m published already in my blog, right? So there.
What’s your favorite rule to break?
Honestly, I can’t think of one, because I’m not a rule breaker.
Give me a one or two word prompt, please?
Name someone you admire?
Billy West, Danny Kaye, Lillian Gish, Mary Pickford, Maya Deren, Tchaikovsky, Betty White. There are others, but those are the first that come to mind.
Do they know?
Nope! Most are dead anyway!
My choice of great bloggers!
Questions for You
1. If you could meet one person from history, dead or alive, who would you pick?
2. What is your favorite TV show?
3. What are the names of the movies that stick in your mind the most?
4. What was your favorite book as a child?
5. Who was Maya Deren?
6. Do YOU believe in fairies?
7. Which poet do you think had the most pizzazz?
8. Green or blue and why?
9. How does your garden grow?
10. How many were going to St. Ives?
11. Monty Python, Yes or No?
Only a couple more things about this award. If you could please confirm back, through the blog, that you accept the nomination, that would be great. As I found out, it takes quite a bit to put one of these together, but I am told that it can be fun and rewarding. I agree that this is a wonderful community to be in and great to be a part of a place where I have yet to see harshness enter into the lines of great words by folks like yourselves. It is an opportunity to have a voice, that can be heard. All the best to each one of you and remember to make it a lot of fun.